[Canberra-PUG] Fwd: [clug] Technical Topics in Computing, still a thing

Elena Williams ele.wil at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 10:15:21 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 10:18 PM
Subject: [clug] Technical Topics in Computing, still a thing
To: CLUG List <linux at lists.samba.org>

So, I just thought I'd let people know that my little weekend technical
conference [1] is still a thing that's happening. Its on 23-4 December down
in Tuggeranong, and tickets are set to just cover the cost of venue hire
and insurance.

The program as it currently stands is at
http://wiki.madebymikal.com/index.php?title=Technical_
Topics:December_2016#Saturday_Schedule
, and tickets are available from
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/technical-topics-in-
computing-tickets-27377136753

The talks currently on the program include:

 - Getting started with MQTT and the ESP8266
 - Something Introductory about Radio
 - Hacking Minecraft in Python
 - Something about Python, FPGAs and HRMI2USB
 - and Tomu, a microprocessor that fits inside your USB slot

I'm also interested in talking to people who would be interested in
presenting something on the day.

Cheers,
Michael

1: