[capi-sig] Problem with a sub-module

Remi K. remi.k2620 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 19:45:51 CET 2007

I have the error: "SystemError: dynamic module not initialized properly"
I guess this is due to the fact that the initialized module's name is not
the same as the init function.

I tried this:
m2 = Py_InitModule("sf", module_methods);
I renamed the init function initsf.
Then in setup.py, I replaced
    ext_modules=[ Extension('PySFML', \
by
    ext_modules=[ Extension('PySFML.sf', \
It created the library as sf.so, under the PySFML directory.
Then I created a directory called PySFML, created an __init__.py file in it,
in which I put:
from sf import *
I added in setup.py:
    package_dir = {'PySFML':'PySFML'},
    packages=['PySFML'],
so he copied __init__.py in the same directory as sf.so.
Now it works like I wanted it to work.
This is currently the only working solution I found.