[capi-sig] Announcing project PyBindGen

Gustavo Carneiro gjcarneiro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:15:49 CEST 2007

On 25/09/2007, Stefan Behnel <python_capi at behnel.de> wrote:

> Gustavo Carneiro wrote:
> > I'd like to announce a new project for producing python extensions
>
> Launchpad lists lots of (non-existing?) releases and shows a Bazaar
> history of
> four months. May I ask in what sense this project is "new"?

It is new in the sense that it has never been officially announced :)

The front page also says:

> """
> Generation is controlled exclusively by a Python API, no limited
> command-line
> interface or yet another interface definition file format
> """
>
> There doesn't seem to be any documentation. Could you give a simple
> example
> for that?

http://codebrowse.launchpad.net/~gjc/pybindgen/devel/files/gjc%40inescporto.pt-20070924134815-90pequnwfrfy3i3c?file_id=examples-20070531165635-sbpc6ceu9uq4cvaa-1

(sorry for the long URL)

Basically the examples/ directory contains a sample module.  Incidentally it
evolved partially into a set of unit tests in addition to being examples.

>   More information in: https://launchpad.net/pybindgen/
>
> You should create a PyPI page for it. People are more likely to look for
> it there.

Thanks for the tip; I'll try.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
INESC Porto, Telecommunications and Multimedia Unit