[capi-sig] Extension module with meschach library and numpy.i (SWIG)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Aug 7 00:31:48 CEST 2008

On 2008-08-06 21:17, Juan David Hernandez wrote:
> There are 3 things that I'd like to know:
> 1. Is this the correct way to include the meschach library ? extra_objects=['../mesch12b/meschach.a']
> 2. Is there any problem if Meschach use malloc, calloc and realloc?
> 3. Is there any problem if I declare some variables as static? e.g. static MAT *M1;

Hard to say... could you explain what "Meschach" is and does ?

> I'm running this on a virtual machine over ubuntu with 512MB of RAM, I know that's not too much, but I think is enough for a module (My module is not bigger than numpy!!). I can import my module on MAC OS X with more RAM (even on linux with 1GB) but when I tried to import the module with the complete sotware (others high level tools like graphics and GUI) I get the same problem

The error message you are getting is generated by the dynamic linker
and doesn't really have anything to do with Python.

You'll likely need more RAM to your app (Linux overcommits RAM and
then fails with errors such as the above if it tries to actually use
the allocated RAM).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 07 2008)