[capi-sig] importerror: no such file or directory when calling some functions in my C code

Aaron Staley astaley at berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 5 00:44:33 CEST 2008

I have been writing a python C++ extension that makes use of Intel's
open computer vision library.  I have been experiencing a bizarre problem.

When I attempt to run my module:
>>> import cvdemo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No such file or directory

I have found though that this will only occur when my c++ actually makes
a call to opencv functions.  If I comment all of those functions out,
the module will be correctly imported (and I can execute all functions
within it).

Literally, everything works fine until a line like:

    cvDestroyWindow("result");

or:

cvNamedWindow( "result", 1 );

or:
matrix= cvLoad( matrix_name, 0, 0, 0 );

is in the code.

Given how lacking in information python's import error is, I have no
idea what is going on here. No compile errors are given either.

Please advise,
Aaron Staley