[capi-sig] Python console in a C application

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:22:13 CEST 2009

Hi there, for blender3d were going to have a built in python console,
The console in Blender 2.4x I wrote a while ago and had no clue about
the "code" module, or code.interact(), and apparently re-implemented
parts of idle :|
Ofcourse all the blender specific stuff is our problem, (events, text
drawing etc), We can worry about that.

Does anyone know of an example of a C application that has a python console?

Some basic requirements are...
* it runs inside blender (not using the terminal)
* It doesn't lock blender

IIRC the Gimp has a python console but it uses pygtk for this.

--
- Campbell