[capi-sig] Problem with uuid package when embedding a python interpreter

Jérôme Fuselier jerome.fuselier at free.fr
Thu Jul 2 15:30:34 CEST 2009

Hello,
  I've sent this message to the c.l.python newsgroup and someone pointed
me to this mailing-list to find a solution.
(http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/346d6ebd79c2e284#)

I've tried to import a script in an embedded python intrepreter but
this script fails when it imports the uuid module. I have a
segmentation fault in Py_Finalize().

Here is a simple program which imitate my problem.

main.c :

#include "Python.h"

void test() {
    Py_Initialize();
    PyImport_Import(PyString_FromString("uuid"));
    Py_Finalize();

}

main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    for (i=0 ; i < 10; i++)
        test();
}

For my application, I have to call Py_initialize and Py_Finalize
several times so factorizing them in the main function is not an easy
solution for me.

The core which is produced gives me this error :
#0  0x00190ef6 in type_dealloc (type=0x291320) at Objects/typeobject.c:
2609
2609            _PyObject_GC_UNTRACK(type);

Thanks for your help
Jerome