[capi-sig] Problem with reference

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Mar 3 10:51:47 CET 2009

On 2009-03-03 10:38, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>> Stefan Behnel writes:
>>> If you care more about working code than fighting confusion, Cython
>>> might be worth a look.
>> Stefan, please stop doing this.  This list is about helping people
>> using Python/C, not Cython advocacy.
>
> Where is the difference?

The list would be called cython-sig otherwise :-)

There are many other alternatives to approaching Python extension writing
in C/C++:

 * use ctypes
 * use Boost.Python
 * use SWIG
 * use sip
 * use PyCXX
 * use PyRex/Cython
 * use Robin
 * ...

(there are lots more)

However, this list is about the layer underneath all of those.
It's about the Python C API and there are many good reasons
to use it directly rather than using one of the above wrappers
or wrapper generators.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 03 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/