[capi-sig] Problem with reference

Hrvoje Niksic hniksic at xemacs.org
Tue Mar 3 12:40:04 CET 2009

"Stefan Behnel" <python_capi at behnel.de> writes:

> Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>> Stefan Behnel writes:
>>>
>>> If you care more about working code than fighting confusion, Cython
>>> might be worth a look.
>>
>> Stefan, please stop doing this.  This list is about helping people
>> using Python/C, not Cython advocacy.
>
> Where is the difference?

The point is that statements like the above don't help someone who
*wants* (for whatever reason) to learn Python/C.  It's perfectly fine
to mention Cython as a viable alternative, but not to imply that
Python/C is somehow non-functional or that it doesn't result in
working code.  It's like posting to a C newsgroup telling everyone to
use C++ because it's so much better.  It may well be better, but there
are good reasons why there are separate C and C++ forums.
comp.lang.python is a much more appropriate venue for Cython (or
boost.python, or PyCXX) advocacy.