[capi-sig] Problem with reference

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Mar 3 12:48:50 CET 2009

On 2009-03-03 12:14, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Cython is not a wrapper generator. It's a programming language that sits right
> between Python and C and generates code for the C-API of Python.

I think that's where the misunderstanding lies: This list is about the
Python C-API and not about generators or other helpers that provide
ways of avoiding it :-)

http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/capi-sig/

IMHO, the list is about:

 * discussing ways of improving the Python C API

 * helping developers that have questions about the Python C API

Suggesting to use Cython or any of the other available tools feels
a bit like saying "avoid the Python C API wherever you can", which
doesn't give the right impression to developers seeking help from
this forum.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 03 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/