[capi-sig] ANN: expy 0.6.4 released!

Stefan Behnel python_capi at behnel.de
Mon Apr 26 12:05:00 CEST 2010

M.-A. Lemburg, 26.04.2010 11:36:
> Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> does this list actually have any kind of SPAM protection enabled?
>
> Yes. Have you been getting any spam from the list lately ?

I was just trying to indicate that a larger percentage of the messages have
been announcements and re-announcements of a certain Python package
recently, usually with little information and a high ratio of redundancy in
them. While I do not deny that this package does have a certain relevance
to this list and its readers, I would still prefer if the signal to noise
ratio of this list was a little higher. I think it's worth keeping in mind
that there is a dedicated list for Python related announcements, and there
also seems to be a mailing list dedicated to the package in question. ISTM
that both are better suited for regular update announcements than this list.

Stefan