[capi-sig] ANN: expy 0.6.4 released!

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Apr 26 12:21:15 CEST 2010

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg, 26.04.2010 11:36:
>> Stefan Behnel wrote:
>>> does this list actually have any kind of SPAM protection enabled?
>>
>> Yes. Have you been getting any spam from the list lately ?
>
> I was just trying to indicate that a larger percentage of the messages
> have been announcements and re-announcements of a certain Python package
> recently, usually with little information and a high ratio of redundancy
> in them. While I do not deny that this package does have a certain
> relevance to this list and its readers, I would still prefer if the
> signal to noise ratio of this list was a little higher. I think it's
> worth keeping in mind that there is a dedicated list for Python related
> announcements, and there also seems to be a mailing list dedicated to
> the package in question. ISTM that both are better suited for regular
> update announcements than this list.

It's common practice to send announcements of Python packages/
projects relevant to list topics of SIGs to those SIG lists as
well.

If you don't like those announcements in your inbox, it's easy
to filter them based on the commonly used "ANN" prefix in the
subject line.

I agree, though, that the list could use some more activity.
So far, it's been mostly about helping with the existing C API
rather than development of the C API itself - I guess the latter
mostly happens on python-dev and the tracker.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 26 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/