[capi-sig] (no subject)

Goudar, Girish Girish.Goudar at goodrich.com
Mon Mar 1 09:35:47 CET 2010

Hi

This is working file. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hrvoje Niksic [mailto:hniksic at xemacs.org]
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 10:42 PM
To: Goudar, Girish
Cc: capi-sig at python.org
Subject: Re: [capi-sig] (no subject)

"Goudar, Girish" <Girish.Goudar at goodrich.com> writes:

> Thanks for the quick reply. I can use the struct module at Python side
> and use the pack() function to pack the data. But in the DEOS side I
> need to unpack the data for that I need to use unpack() function. But
> DEOS is not supporting unpack() function. What to do?

I meant to use that you can use struct.pack to create data that can be
interpreted as a structure defined in C, assuming the same architecture
is run on both machines.  Such sharing of data is one of the use cases
of the struct module.  For example:

# python side:
import struct
s = struct.pack('cid', 'A', 10, 20.0)