[capi-sig] Some type inference for python?

Issyk Kol issyk.kol at gmx.com
Fri May 21 19:47:39 CEST 2010

Hello.

I'd like to do some ML-like type inference for Python code. I'm not trying to resurrect the static typing vs. dynamic typing debate here. It's simply that I'd need to get static typing for Python for code-generation reasons.

Therefore, I'd like to ask: Does the Python C API support a way to inspect the bytecode or the source code of a given piece of Python code? What approach would be promising enough to type things in ML-way (I'm unfortunately not interested in cartesian-product type inference), and what help may the C API provide to meet this goal? (Maybe I haven't looked far enough, but I could not discern clearly what could be useful...)

(Sorry for posting in non-text-mode. Using a webmail because port 25 policies in this bloody country ar sooooo restrictive.)

Thanks.

Issyk Kol.