[capi-sig] expression as argument of a object

Stefan Behnel python_capi at behnel.de
Thu Nov 22 16:52:05 CET 2012

Hrvoje Niksic, 22.11.2012 08:40:
> Stefan Behnel writes:
>> nirmoy das, 21.11.2012 12:38:
>>> Can anyone tell me how to use expression in PyObject_CallObject()
>>> as argument of object
>>>
>>> ex:column_family('keyspace', 'CF', comparator_type=comparator)
>>
>> My (biased) advice is to use Cython.
>
> That is not a useful advice for this list.

It's a useful advice for the OP, though, in case he or she doesn't know it
yet. Most new users who struggle with the C-API simply do so because they
do not know Cython and because the official CPython docs tell them that the
C-API is the one way to extend CPython (unless they want to use ctypes).

It's not really my "fault" that we allow normal users on this list, in
addition to those who know what they are doing.

Stefan