[capi-sig] Equivalent of PyByteArray_FromStringAndSize in python2.4

endeavor john jendeavor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:36:43 CEST 2012

Hello Team,
While cross-compiling XBMC  Apllication.The code is generated using Java.
I am getting an error :PyByteArray_FromStringAndSize.is undefined, i
understand that this api is defined in python2.6.
But we are supposed to compile this with python-2.4 libraries.

Can you please let us know what is the equivalent API in python 2.4.This is
the Code which using the "PyByteArray_FromStringAndSize" API.

 static PyObject* xbmc_XBMCAddon_xbmc_RenderCapture_getImage(PyObject*
self, PyObject *args, PyObject *kwds)
  {
  RenderCapture* rc =
((RenderCapture*)retrieveApiInstance((PyObject*)self,&PyXBMCAddon_xbmc_RenderCapture_Type,"getImage","XBMCAddon::xbmc::RenderCapture"));
  if (rc->GetUserState() != CAPTURESTATE_DONE)
  {
    PyErr_SetString(PyExc_SystemError, "illegal user state");
    return NULL;
  }

  ssize_t size = rc->getWidth() * rc->getHeight() * 4;
  return PyByteArray_FromStringAndSize((const char *)rc->GetPixels(), size);
}
Thanks,
John