[capi-sig] Pause/Resume embedded python interpreter

Тушев Сергей sergy5 at mail.ru
Fri Feb 22 13:59:18 CET 2013

Hello!
Tell me please, Is there any possibility to pause/resume the work of embedded python interpreter in place, where I need? For example:
C++ pseudo-code part:
main()
{
    script ="python_script.py";
    RunScript(script);//-- python script runs till the command 'stop'
    while(true){
        //... read values from some variables in python-script
        //... do some work ...
        //... write new value to some other variables in python-script
        ResumeScript(script);//-- python script resumes it's work where// it was stopped. Not from begin!    }
}
Python script pseudo-code part:
#... do some init-work
whiletrue:
    #... do some work
    stop # - here script stops and C++-function RunScript()
         # returns control to C++-part
    #... After calling C++-function ResumeScript
    # the work continues from this line
Is this possible to do with Python/C API?
Thanks