[capi-sig] Fw: 32 bit to 64 bit migration of C-API(Python)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jan 28 10:36:52 CET 2013

On 27.01.2013 07:35, abhishek goswami wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working in Python-C ApI (Integrated Project). The Project has migrated to 64 bit machine from 32 bit machine. Every thing was working fine in 32 bit machine.
> But we getting following error in 64 bit machine.
> " Python int too large to convert to C long".

I suppose you're on Windows. Windows longs are still 32-bit,
even on 64-bit platforms, so it's possible that you see overflow
errors such as the above when dealing with large integers.

You should be getting the same errors on your 32-bit builds, though,
so it's probably a good idea to check why you are not seeing them there.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 28 2013)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/