[capi-sig] Import

ecir hana ecir.hana at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 11:37:40 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Dave Brotherstone <davegb at pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure this "just works", you put the name of the zip file in
> sys.path, then it will internally open the zip (without extracting to a
> temp location) and search for the relevant module - I don't know much
> (read: anything) about Py_SetPath, but I'm assuming it's the same.

Yes, it seems to work but apparently all the dynamic libraries cannot be
inside the zip archive (why?).

Here's what I have done:

- first put all the files (*.py) from Python stdlib into a zip archive (I
put them straight into archive, i.e. no parent directory, like:
stdlib.zip/base64.py)

- copy all the files from "lib-dynload" to the folder where you put that
zip from previous line

- Py_SetPath() to something line "parent/stdlib.zip:parent/lib-dynload".

So basically it treats the zip file as a directory. Note, that it needs
zlib in order to look inside the zip - it is in lib-dynload however - I'm
just saying in case someone wouldn't all the dynamic libraries.

Feel free to let me know if it works for you!