[capi-sig] The same Python DLL loaded twice

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Oct 7 14:31:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm experiencing strange issue with the very same python32.dll being
loaded twice on Windows.

I have an application which embeds Python.
Launching my app loads python32.dll for the first time and all seems
working well.
Next, under the embedded Python, I execute this one-liner
"import tkinter"

This triggers loading of _tkinter.pyd, tk85.dll, tcl85.dll as well as
python32.dll for the second time.

The duplicate python32.dll is loaded into different address space,
maintains its own thread state,
leading to crash from PyInit__tkinter, obviously.

The problem seems to be similar to this one
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2147729/dll-file-loaded-twice-with-dll-redirection-through-manifest/

Has anyone experience similar issues?
Any ideas on possible reasons of duplicate loading of python32.dll?

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net