[capi-sig] The same Python DLL loaded twice

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Oct 7 14:38:01 CEST 2013

On 07.10.2013 14:31, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing strange issue with the very same python32.dll being
> loaded twice on Windows.
>
> I have an application which embeds Python.
> Launching my app loads python32.dll for the first time and all seems
> working well.
> Next, under the embedded Python, I execute this one-liner
> "import tkinter"
>
> This triggers loading of _tkinter.pyd, tk85.dll, tcl85.dll as well as
> python32.dll for the second time.
>
> The duplicate python32.dll is loaded into different address space,
> maintains its own thread state,
> leading to crash from PyInit__tkinter, obviously.
>
> The problem seems to be similar to this one
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2147729/dll-file-loaded-twice-with-dll-redirection-through-manifest/
>
> Has anyone experience similar issues?
> Any ideas on possible reasons of duplicate loading of python32.dll?

Could you check the version numbers of those two DLLs.

It's possible that you're loading a Python DLL for say 3.2.1
and one for 3.2.2.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 07 2013)
2013-10-14: PyCon DE 2013, Cologne, Germany ...             7 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/