[capi-sig] Python for VxWorks

Gary Kenaley gkenaley at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 21:51:50 CET 2014

page http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/other/python/0596001886_pythonian-chp-2-sect-2.html you
> can read:
> The site http://www.python.org/download/ provides links to binary
distributions for Macintosh,
> OS/2, Amiga, RISC OS, QNX, VxWorks, IBM AS/400, Sony PlayStation 2, and
Sharp Zaurus.

> but i cant find any binarys for VxWorks there.
> Is it even possible to port Python on VxWorks? lets say 2.7 ..
> The version is not very important to me .. i just need someone to point me
to the right direction ..
> An old binarys of Python for VxWorks would do it..
>
> Did someone hear that anybody ported Python on Vxworks?
>
> My goal is to make BuildBot run on VxWorks ..
>
> Best regards.

Nachaat,

I am currently working on a Python 2.7 for VxWorks 6.9.3 x86 user space.
The best resource is: http://wiki.osdev.org/Porting_Python
I am using User Space Real Time Processes (RTPs) because they have POSIX
PSE52+ functionality and full memory protection.
I had the basic 2.6.1 interpreter running this way, but it's fairly useless
without the loadable shared objects (the osdev site should help a lot with
those cross build aspects).

If I get it working satisfactorily, I will post back.

-Gary