[Catalog-sig] RE: Homepages? (Martin Johansson)

Lyle Johnson ljohnson@resgen.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:24:38 -0500

> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a program that will take down a =
> homepage and=20
> it works. But I want the program to take down all the pages that are =
> listed and=20
> linked at one page. </FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyone have a great tip?</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>/Martin</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

Here are a few great tips:

  1. Send your messages in plain text and not HTML.

  2. In the future, send your messages to an appropriate mailing list. This
     mailing list is for discussions related the Python Catalog SIG.

  3. To recursively download a web page and its links, check out wget
    (http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html) which is probably
     already installed on your system if you're using any of the
     popular Linux distributions. I am sure there are equivalents for
     Windows as well.

Lyle