[Catalog-sig] Status

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:49:59 -0400

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 11:37:56AM -0700, Andy McKay wrote:
>Wow, thats quite a difference from just helping out here and there. Isnt AMK
>the BDFL? I'd hate to tread on his toes.

Not really.  I've written up a draft PEP for an installed package
database, but never find the time to focus on implementing it or an
interface.  If you have more time and can actually get something
*done*, great!

(The most annoying thing about this, to me, is that I think just a
month's work -- heck, perhaps a week's work -- would be enough for a
decent and fairly simple implementation that wouldn't solve every
problem, but would still be useful.  This problem just isn't that hard.)

--amk