[Catalog-sig] Re: [Pycabal] FW: [Distutils] Python Siphon name change please?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:40:45 -0500

On 22 Feb 2001, at 8:11, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Siphon seems quite a good name in terms of the etymology and rhyme. If
> > all new decisions on module name have to be referred to google it'll be
> > a bit limiting.
>
> Sure.  I thought this was going to be more than a module though?
>
> > Feel free to post an alternate and then we can submit it to google.
>
> It seems you've already made up your mind, so I'll back off now.
>
> Just one question: I wonder why did this never came up on the
> catalog-sig.  Did we fail to advertise the SIG when it was created?
> How can we prevent such mistakes in the future?

I have nothing to say about the name, but regarding Catalog-Sig: I've been
on the list quite a while and I can't remember the last message I got from
this list. well, the last message was GVRs questioning of the Siphon
name.

So .. Is this sig active?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements