[Catalog-sig] SIG status - Siphon name

Doug Stanfield DOUGS@oceanic.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:32:31 -1000

-----Original Message-----
From:  [mailto:bkc@murkworks.com]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 8:05 AM
To: catalog-sig@python.org
Subject: Re: [Catalog-sig] SIG status - Siphon name

On 22 Feb 2001, at 14:43, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 02:40:45PM -0500, Brad Clements wrote:
> >So .. Is this sig active?
>
> The issues were discussed for a while and some initial decisions made
> (see the archives for my proposed list of metadata fields), but no one
> has taken a stab at an implementation (until Suchandra's recent
> posting).  Without an implementation to poke sticks at, there's little
> to discuss at this point.  I've also cancelled the Catalog-SIG session
> on Developer's Day for the same reason.

I went through the archives and noticed some postings from myself, so I
guess I didn't miss anything.

I tried to get myself listed as a "developer" at the siphon sourceforge
site,
but haven't yet been added by Suchandra. - oh wait, I see I am on the list
now. Great!

But, the Siphon name isn't going to work I think.

http://siphon.sourceforge.net is a SIP soft phone (which is a nice discovery

for me since I'm working with the Pingtel xPressa phones)

And there's also http://www.subterrain.net/projects/siphon/

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements