[Catalog-sig] RFC: PEP 243: Module Repository Upload Mechanism

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:46:36 -0700

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 07:40:00PM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
>I'm not sure I understand the question. The Python core enables or
>disables large file API usage at configuration time, by calling
>ftell64 instead of ftell, or using long objects to represent inode

You almost make it sound like autoconf is obsolete...  The point I took
Moshe to be making was that in a conditional-compilation world, there's
some data that simply looking at the OS name and rev isn't going to pick
up.

Sean
--
 Today's robots are very primitive, capable of understanding only a few simple
 instructions such as 'go left', 'go right', and 'build car'.  -- John Sladek