[Catalog-sig] [ANN] Prototype catalog server updated

Amos Latteier amos@digicool.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:23:54 -0800

"Martin v. Loewis" wrote:

> > I'd love feedback. Does this seem like I'm going in the right direction?
>
> Unfortunately, it does not look that way to me. I was hoping that
> support for the PEP 243 protocol has priority - so I'd rather expect
> to tell the system my PGP public key, instead of telling it my home
> page.

Supporting PEP 243 is a priority of mine. As is allowing authors to
upload their public keys, and OpenPGP signature files when they upload
packages. I just haven't gotten there yet. So hopefully I'm heading in
the right direction, but too slowly for you to perceive it ;-)

> Having a second implementation of the PEP is important, so that we can
> find out whether it is well-enough specified to allow to survive for
> the next year or so.

I agree.

-Amos

--