[Catalog-sig] current status?

Suchandra Thapa s-thapa-11@alumni.uchicago.edu
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:07:29 -0600

--AA9g+nFNFPYNJKiL

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 11:09:19AM +0100, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> www.python.org/ftp.python.org is currently mostly picking its nose. Its
> current load is 0.06, and it only reaches beyond 0.20 when I run webalizer
> on a week of logs :) It only has about 16G free diskspace though, so for a
> serious CPAN-like archive we'd need an extra disk or two (and probably so=
me
> redundancy as well.
>=20
> But the choice ultimately isn't mine; I just manage the box, not the
> contents (at least not alone.) But there isn't a purely technical reason =
not
> to run it on python.org.

	I personally don't see the archive taking more than 100MB of disk
space for a while.  In the alpha stages, there will probably be on the order
of 10-20 packages as a proof of concept.  For administration purposes, it=
=20
shouldn't be too difficult.  It involves running a script and then copying
the package list and the resulting package directories to the right spot. =
=20
It could probably be automated relatively easily.

--=20

Suchandra S. Thapa=20
s-thapa-11@alumni.uchicago.edu

--AA9g+nFNFPYNJKiL