[Catalog-sig] alpha version

Suchandra Thapa s-thapa-11@alumni.uchicago.edu
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:16:45 -0600

--bajzpZikUji1w+G9

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 10:30:38PM -0700, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> How about:
>=20
>    Requires: packageName
>    Requires: anotherPackage >=3D 1.45
>=20
> PEP241 is RFC-822, which can handle multiple entries.  I would think the
> above would work.  This is what RPM does.  They also have a "BuildPreReq",
> which is required for building packages and is different than just the
> dependencies required to install package.

    Yes you are correct, although the rpm spec format uses the section=20
declarations also. I think it was probably to avoid the problems with
multiline headers (e.g. package descriptions).  The rfc822 modules seems
to handle them as long as following lines begin with a space.  It seems a
little brittle though.

--=20

Suchandra S. Thapa=20
s-thapa-11@alumni.uchicago.edu