[Catalog-sig] Status

Sun, 2 Sep 2001 17:54:34 +0200

> Probably, what I need is a vision. I havent got one yet.

Then just take mine :-) "Make the registry for Python packages
operational for production use".

I'd like to see the registry operate somewhere at python.org, but that
is not mandatory - what matters more is some sort of guarantee that
data put in won't be lost, and that there are no downtimes of the
service longer than, say, 24h.

It may be that it won't be used once it is there; in this case, I can
offer the follow-up vision "talk <pick some number> package
maintainers into putting their software into the registry, and to
update the entry every time they update the package".

These people would be "early adaptors", so you not only have to talk
them into using the system, but also to deal with all the problems
they find.