[Catalog-sig] Status

Roman Suzi rnd@onego.ru
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:03:33 +0400 (MSD)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>> It may be that it won't be used once it is there; in this case, I can
>> offer the follow-up vision "talk <pick some number> package
>> maintainers into putting their software into the registry, and to
>> update the entry every time they update the package".

Can't SourceForge infrastructure used for managing Python Catalog? This
will solve many problems, as many packages are at home at SF anyway. So
they could do it virtually linking entries into Catalog (without stroing
thing double).  Just an idea... I really do not know what SF _can_.

>> These people would be "early adaptors", so you not only have to talk
>> them into using the system, but also to deal with all the problems
>> they find.
>
>I doubt that finding early adopters would be a problem.  Dealing with
>the problems they find is of course essential for the success.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd@onego.ru _/
_/ Wednesday, September 05, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/