[Catalog-sig] Status

Mats Wichmann mats@laplaza.org
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:45:26 -0400

 >Can't SourceForge infrastructure used for managing Python Catalog? This
 >will solve many problems, as many packages are at home at SF anyway. So
 >they could do it virtually linking entries into Catalog (without stroing
 >thing double).  Just an idea... I really do not know what SF _can_.

Dunno, but I'll take a look at it sometime.  I had suggested in
a different forum that we maybe needed a site for little packages,
that were not big enough for their own SF projects...some of those
maybe coming out of the now deleted "contrib" directory from
python.org.  Tim Peters suggested setting up a single SF project as
a container for all these smaller bits.  Don't know well this
would work without exploring further.