[Catalog-sig] python repository

kapil thangavelu k_vertigo@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:36:55 -0800

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 12:36 am, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net> writes:
> > My only backseat driver suggestion is to get it live sooner rather than
> > later.
>
> For me, this is is "live enough" for the moment. I'd really encourage
> anybody to use this installation as if it already was perfect.

EEK.

> It may
> be that the entire database must be rebuild at some point, if some
> serious flaw is found, but that won't be found unless people use it
> for real.

true. but there are serious flaws in it right now, imo. also, since the
security model is turned off anonymous people can post packages or approve
them, making the audit trails fairly useless. i don't mind trying to keep the
packages updated through development but i'm fairly nervous about transfering
them to production database when the site goes live.

> Having a domain name associated to it would be good. How does
> "gideon.python.org" sound to you? (not sure who's managing the
> python.org DNS at the moment, but we can figure that out)

sounds great. for the momen the box can also be reached via
http://moz.zope.org:8080

and last year when i was a bit more optimistic about time lines i purchased
the python-repository.net domain (currently pointing to the wiki).

thanks

kapil