[Catalog-sig] What can I do?

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:22:09 +1000

I'd really like to see PEP 243 come to something. What can I do to make it
happen? I can offer my programming time, and a test server. I can also
review/work on actual planning, but it looks like most of that is already
done (the PEP looks pretty complete).

There's a couple of issues that I see aren't addressed by the PEP, but should
definitely not stop us from getting the module repository going:

 1. module namespace. PAUSE has facility for authors to register namespaces to
avoid clashes.
 2. auto-install. Ciphon has done work on this and looks good.

    Richard