[Catalog-sig] PyPI trove categorization and Mac OS X

Richard Jones richardjones@optushome.com.au
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:29:37 +1000

--Boundary-02=_hNwJ/5PQUesqeub

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:00 am, Kevin Altis wrote:
> If you look at the current breakdown of PyPI categories you'll see Mac OS=
> is not represented.
>
>   http://www.python.org/pypi?:action=3Dbrowse
>
> There are trove categories for Mac OS X.
>
>   http://www.python.org/pypi?:action=3Dlist_classifiers
>
> Since I know that at least two packages (PythonCard and PyObjC) and
> probably many more actually list some of these Mac items on platform and
> classifiers...

That is very strange, I'll look into it ASAP.

> ...there must be something about PyPI that is not set to show Mac OS X as=
> top-level item while browsing. This should be fixed.

Nope, the code is completely general - there's no "filter out the Mac OS X"=
=20
applications" code in there :)

   Richard