[Catalog-sig] Re: [chiPy] Meeting followup- CPAN for Python?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Dec 15 22:40:21 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 02:35:40PM -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:
> That would only matter if we wanted to provide, say, a dependency graph,
> right?  For a single package there's no resolvable relations (until it

Not really; the RDF model is itself a graph.  e.g. the metadata for a package
would be something like:

<package URL> -> rdf:type -> doap:Project
              -> doap:CVSRepository cvs.sf.net
	      -> doap:maintainer -> <person> -> rdf:type -> foaf:Person
	                                     -> foaf:mbox -> amk at amk.ca
	                                     -> foaf:ircNickname -> amk_

See http://www.amk.ca/talks/2004-12-02/rdf-graph.png for another example graph.

There are some small RDF parsers out there, but I don't know if
they're fully standard-compliant.

--amk