[Catalog-sig] PyCon sprint for PEPs 314 and 243?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Dec 30 19:27:57 CET 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 03:35:30PM +1100, Richard Jones wrote:
> So, is anyone interested in getting together before PyCon for a sprint to
> finalise and/or implement PEPs 314, 243 (I guess we should ask for some PSF
> money, though we've obviously missed the most recent grant allocation round)
> and possibly 262 (I consider this optional and don't believe it should get in
> the way of implementing the other two)?

I was thinking of organizing another Bug Day in January; perhaps it
should be a Catalog-SIG sprint day instead.  Traditionally they've
been on Saturdays; Richard, are you free on any of the weekends in
January?  Anyone else want to participate, but will be unavailable on
one or another weekend in January?

Regarding PEP 314: the most important question I have right now is: is
it worthwhile to continue with the PKG-INFO, or should we use DOAP
instead?  If we stick with PKG-INFO, then we can finish up 314 pretty
quickly because the list of open issues is pretty short (unless more
issues get raised).  If the latter, then we need to figure out what
shape DOAP support would take?

I agree that PEP 262 is a side issue.

--amk