[Catalog-sig] Automatically hiding releases

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Thu Mar 25 16:23:37 EST 2004

[Richard Jones wrote]
> I've made the change. Registration of a new version of a package will result
> in the existing versions being automatically hidden. The package edit screen
> (accessible using the link in the sidebar when you're logged in) may be used
> to unhide releases.

(Hopefully this isn't an ignorant question:) Does this mean that it will
be impossible for user Alice to get to a specific, but no longer current,
version of package FooTool by Bob? Sometimes (not often, but sometimes)
people have dependencies on specific versions of packages.   I'm all for
making queries or basic browsing of PyPI's modules only show the latest
release but it would be nice if the specific page for a package provided
access to a few recent older releases.

Cheers,
Trent

--