[Catalog-sig] Perhaps "PyPI" will do

David Ascher david.ascher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:16:56 CEST 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 9:13 PM, Tripp Lilley <tripp at perspex.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, David Ascher wrote:
>
> > I think the idea of joking around with religious terms like ministry is
> > a bad idea, because we're not as funny as John Cleese & friends.
>
> Just for the record, the term "ministry," outside the U.S., has more to do
> with administrative functions of government:

I'm well aware of that (I'm French =).  However, I don't think the US
perspective is insignificant when it comes to PR =).

At least in France, it's also true that ministries bring forth
concepts of inefficiency, bureaucracy, obnoxious power-hungry civil
servants.  Not exactly what I'd want associated w/ my software if it
was mine, but whatever. =)