[Catalog-sig] Perhaps "PyPI" will do

Mark W. Alexander slash at dotnetslash.net
Fri Apr 8 12:52:27 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 12:31:18PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 22:16 -0700, David Ascher wrote:

> > > Just for the record, the term "ministry," outside the U.S., has more to do
> > > with administrative functions of government:
> >
> > I'm well aware of that (I'm French =).  However, I don't think the US
> > perspective is insignificant when it comes to PR =).
> >
> > At least in France, it's also true that ministries bring forth
> > concepts of inefficiency, bureaucracy, obnoxious power-hungry civil
> > servants.  Not exactly what I'd want associated w/ my software if it
> > was mine, but whatever. =)
>
> Hey, that sounds similar to what we have in germany, with
> the addition that they are even plainly evil in some respects
> (thinking of the incredible stance the "justice" ministry
> takes for software patents against a >90% anti-sw-patents
> vote of the national parliament).

Oh, OK. +1 on changing all U.S. agency names to "Ministry of ...." then
;)

I liked the "pit" suggestion, but MOPP works for me too. Even with PyPI
being discussed here, I have a hard time reading it as being anything
other than something to do with math. (Could be the residual resentment
of years of coerced advanced math in school.) I can hardly think of
anything worse. Something that makes no sense at all is better than
something that unintentionally confuses.

mwa
--
Mark W. Alexander
slash at dotnetslash.net

The contents of this message authored by Mark W. Alexander are released under
the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license.  Copyright of quoted
materials, if any, are retained by the original author(s).