[Catalog-sig] PyPI update broke setuptools

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 2 00:00:11 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 01:41 am, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> >     * Going to "base-url/" (note trailing '/') produces an HTML page
> >containing links to all active versions of registered packages

Sorry, this didn't register when you first posted. You were relying on a
side-effect that I removed while we were trying to remove the "pypi" part of
the URL. It seemed wrong to me that PyPI would return totally different
results for:

    http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi
    http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/

Is there any chance the software could be changed to use the more correct
"?:action=search" which is what the "/" side-effect was effectively doing?

     Richard