[Catalog-sig] adding trove classifiers?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Dec 27 18:44:28 CET 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:09:04 -0500, Kevin Dangoor <dangoor at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 12/27/05, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> Kevin Dangoor wrote:
>> > It seems like all that's needed is a trove classifier for TurboGears
>> > projects. I've got a project that's ready to submit as it is...
>> >
>> > If this is a good idea, who can set it up?
>>
>> What specific classifier would you suggest to use?
>
>One person on the project suggested:
>Environment :: TurboGears
>
>Another possibility would be:
>Topic :: Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: TurboGears

Suggested additions to go along with this one:

  Environment :: CherryPy
  Environment :: Django
  Environment :: JOTWeb
  Environment :: Karrigell
  Environment :: Medusa
  Environment :: Twisted.Web
  Environment :: Twisted.Web2
  Environment :: Nevow
  Environment :: Paste
  Environment :: Subway
  Environment :: SnakeSkin
  Environment :: Zope2
  Environment :: Zope3
  Environment :: Five
  Environment :: Webware
  Environment :: Wareweb

This is just a preliminary list, of course.  If the idea is amenable we can do a more thorough survey of widely-used environments so that we don't miss anything.

Jean-Paul