[Catalog-sig] adding trove classifiers?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Dec 30 15:52:08 CET 2005

At 11:24 PM 12/29/2005 -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:
>I actually had thought "Framework :: Zope2" would be good, and kind of
>marks it as something particular to cheeseshop (and thus to Python).

+1 for a "Framework" hierarchy for plugins/extenders/applications.  Flat is
better than nested, especially when it's something you have to type out in
your setup script.  ;)

I would also suggest that some criteria be established for determining when
a new category should be listed.  For example, a certain minimum number of
packages *already* registered on PyPI whose authors request the
classification.  I don't think we should pre-populate the hierarchy
beforehand; it should be strictly on an as-requested basis.