[Catalog-sig] Re: Distutils sprinting at PyCon

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Feb 1 16:58:19 CET 2005

At 09:41 AM 2/1/05 +0100, Laura Creighton wrote:
>Does it handle multiple URLS for when a package is mirrored all over
>the planet?

Since we're still handwaving, sure, why not?  ;)

> >(We may want that file to be XML, simply because it would allow the
> >contents to be rendered with an XSL stylesheet for viewing by humans.)
>
>We may not want that file to be XML because it might require rendering
>with an XSL stylesheet in order to be viewed by humans. :-)

The humans I had in mind were people who are trying to dowload plugins for
some Python-based application like Zope or Chandler, and are not
programmers, for whom a plain text rendering will be of no use whatsoever,
no matter how nice the format might be for developers to hand-edit.  :)