[Catalog-sig] We'd really like to Sprint.

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Jan 28 18:07:17 CET 2005

Richard Jones wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 05:02 am, Chris McAvoy wrote:
>
>>Forgive me for being a bull in a china shop, but can someone suggest a
>>5 hour Sprint task for the Chicago Python Users Group to Sprint on?
>>Is there a paragraph in a PEP that we could tackle with the
>>catalog-sig's blessing?
>

> Sorry for the delay. 5 hours probably isn't enough for any of the things I had
> planned. I guess if you were able to get together a patch implementing PEP
> 314 then that would be great. I've still not revised the PEP, which I will
> try to do this evening around the most recent discussion:

There's also a lot of more boring (wait, no, straight-forward but fun!)
tasks that we could do as well, like port it to WSGI so it could be run
under mod_python, make it run with Postgres, and separating out the HTML
into templates (ZPT I'd guess).  Whatever it is, it should be something
we can get cleaned up and integrated before the PyCon sprint.

>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.catalog/240
>
> I'm still keen to actually Sprint at PyCon - I'm going to put up the proposal
> in the wiki tonight too. If nothing else, I'll sit around before PyCon and
> bloody well write the thing by myself :)

Well, there might be parts we can work on in advance, based on the
presumption you (and your multitude of sprinting minions!) will be
filling in other parts later.  E.g., we could work on a mirroring
script, which might later use some appropriate metadata that's added to
PyPI.