[Catalog-sig] .egg media type? (was: PyPI upload doesn't support eggs?)

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 19:17:18 CEST 2005

On Jun 27, 2005, at 10:33 AM, Ryan Tomayko wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Fred Drake wrote:
>> "application/egg+zip" would require registration.  I've not seen the
>> "+foo" annotation style used for anything other than "+xml" yet, but
>> this use makes sense to me.
>
> Same here. I'm still trying to dig it up but I think I remember
> seeing the "+foo" annotation explicitly specified in the normative
> application/xml media type specification. But I'm not seeing it so
> I could be wrong.

The "+xml" suffix is the only suffixing scheme at IANA and is
normatively defined in the RFC 3023 XML Media Types [1]. The section
linked to below contains justification for inventing the suffixing
scheme, which is almost as interesting as it is amusing. :)

[1] <http://rfc.net/rfc3023.html#p32>

Ryan Tomayko
                                  rtomayko at gmail.com
                                  http://naeblis.cx/rtomayko/