[Catalog-sig] Table of Python Packages, updated

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Mar 30 08:15:33 CEST 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> Do we need a domain name?
>>
>> Also, is anyone actively on python-list at the moment? Would you like
>> to start
>> a thread there? ("If Python had a CPAN, what would you call it?")
>

> Domain names get mad google juice, if nothing else...

But python.org is already drowning in its own google juice.  And we (the
Python language) already have all top 16 entries before a Monty Python
page comes up -- adding another entry won't change anything.  I think
python.org/pypi is high ranked by association, and something to stick
with (well, /whatever, but under python.org or maybe a subdomain).

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org