[Catalog-sig] Back to RPC

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed May 25 13:49:18 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 19:45, Richard Jones wrote:

> > If I can get CVS commit access I can start working on some of these; a
> > recent database dump would also be useful for testing.
>
> PyPI's just moved to svn.python.org, but I couldn't say more than that 'cos I
> don't know how it works. I've cc'ed Barry Warsaw in case he's not on this
> list.

(I'm not on this list.)

We're working (slowly) on migrating all the python.org services that are
currently under CVS to be controlled by Subversion.  We've started with
the various system files for the two new machines donated by XS4ALL, and
Andrew has been using the same setup to configure the planet.python.org
stuff.

We're still working out the details of how access will work for www
content updates, i.e. whether it will be svn+ssh or https, or both, and
how the site changes will get pushed out, etc.  Specifically for
cheeseshop, Andrew's been talking lately about how to set that up for
efficient mirroring.

Unfortunately, I've been too busy with other things to spend much time
on this, but Andrew's been doing a lot lately.

-Barry