[Catalog-sig] Problems registering with PyPI

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Oct 11 03:49:13 CEST 2005

Today I tried to upload a package to PyPI today.  I didn't meet with success.  When I tried to use `python setup.py register', I received this output:

Server response (400): Invalid classifier "('Intended Audience :: Developers', 'Programming Language :: Python', 'Development Status :: 2 - Pre-Alpha', 'Topic :: Utilities')"

I pass a tuple of strings as the classifiers argument to setup.  What should I be doing instead?  Is this documented anywhere?

Next I tried to upload the package information via the web interface.  I received this response:

    Error processing form

    Missing required field "name"

The PKG-INFO file I uploaded is the one `python setup.py sdist' spat out.  Among the fields present in it is "Name: package".  What went wrong here?

I didn't try re-entering all my metainfo in the form on the website, so I can't say if that works or not.

Jp